Friday 27 November 2015

Study Task 4 - Establishing requirements of your practical investigation

Theme / Content:
TECHNIQUE: Digital methods, use real life photographs of people to appeal directly to the emotions and needs. 
CONTENT: Choosing a product then locate content from either their website or customers. Research similar products.
COMMUNICATION - Poster series. The only appropriate way to communicate hidden needs, consumers can't be manipulated by reading a zine or leaflet.
Methods:
RESEARCH / ANALYSIS: Primary research, Focus groups, questionnaires, interviews. Research into colour theory and more in depth with the hidden needs.
EXPLORATION / EVALUATION: See if my work successful influences my target audience. See if my posters implement all hidden needs.
TESTING: Test my posters on my target audience. Ask question and see if my concept is effective or needs more work.

1.What is your research question?

Are the 8 hidden needs expressed in the 'hidden persuaders' by Vance Packard still used in contemporary advertising?
2.Do you have a hypothesis (an assumed conclusion that you will endeavour to prove)?

I assume that there will be a clear indication in my investigation that all phycological techniques and 8 hidden needs are still very much alive in contemporary advertising. This could be due to more funding and research in phycology, which create a better understand of the hidden persuaders and how consumers engage with adverts and campaigns.
3.What are the contexts of your research interests?

Propaganda, phycology, advertising and branding
4.Sources of primary/secondary research.

Focus groups, questionnaires, interviews. Research into current contemporary adverts, analyse and investigate how they implement needs within their adverts and see how that links to the 8 hidden needs.

5.How will your practical work relate to your written work (synthesis)?

In my essay I will be investigating whether or not the 8 hidden needs are being embedded within contemporary advertising. My practical will demonstrate how the hidden needs are still relevant by creating a contemporary advertising campaign that implements the 8 needs within the campaign to influence and persuade consumers in a sub conscious manner to purchase what ever product I'll be advertising. 
6.What methods will you use to research, develop, create and test your work?

Focus groups, interviews. Digital methods to create my work. Using photograph of people to really emphasis the human connection. I will test my work on my target audience through focus groups, interviews and questionnaires.


7.Provide a proposed timeline for your work to completion (consider carefully whether you will need access to college facilities).

No comments:

Post a Comment