Sunday 3 May 2015

Studio Brief - Interim Crit

Today we had our first interim crit for cop. At first the group liked my idea based around the Greenpeace campaign. As i was explaining the link between my essay and the piratical and how I'm going to base my practical around the guidelines that Hitler used in his propaganda, they all liked this aspects and said it was a good link. 

However, after the crit, i spoke to Simon about my idea as I wasn't sure if the link to my essay was strong enough to the political propaganda used in Nazi Germany. Simon suggested that i maybe try to represent a modern political Party instead of going down the activist route. Greenpeace campaigns have been done so many times before so it wouldn't necessarily be unique or be a major issue that the British public cares about.

I totally agree with these point that Simon made. I feel like with the political advertisements i can quite easily base Hitler guidelines more effectively and then try to see if i can achieve what Hitler did, by manipulating and distorting peoples views and opinions by using emotions, repetition and criticising enemy of the state, which is all something i could do with the Greens.

No comments:

Post a Comment