Sunday 24 April 2016

COP2 - Idea 2 Continued

From the previous blog post about my second idea with the isometric illustrative camera, this blog post is essentially developing that idea. When reviewing the design I wasn't happy with how it looked aesthetically and conceptually. The poster looked dull and a copy of Lego's artwork, it reflected an unoriginal piece of work and that is something I don't want to associate myself with. I wanted to create a poster that represented a contemporary style while representing the core ethos and the tech industry Phoneblok was within. Creating a contemporary style demonstrates the forward thinking side of the company, a revolutionary company that is miles ahead with it's competitors.

With this in mind, I wanted to take the existing poster and essentially make it more modern with aesthetics of a technology company.

Existing Poster



From the changes below you can see the changes that have been implemented within the new design. I've reintroduced the different colours from my first idea as I felt it was important to embed colour within the design to strengthen the informed design decisions and also the emotional connection with the messages of the posters (e.g adventure, battery and Gaming).  In the previous idea the typography didn't draw the audience in and capture their attention. The type face and layout lacked real purpose within the overall hierarchy and architecture of the poster. To get the type to represent Phoneblok the type was created and formatted in the same way as the isometric illustrations. The illustrations emit Phonebloke as a technology smart phone that is essentially made up of parts. I saw the potential of the isometric grid, so I wanted to reflect this for the typography. As the you see from the updated example the text has been created with an isometric grid as it zig-zags down towards the page. The design decision for the zig-zag text is that it leads the users eyes down the page making sure the user covers all important areas of the advert. 

Lastly, I changed the illustration of the camera to just outlines. In order to fit the text and camera within the poster, the text would have to overlay the image because of size and readability. However, the type looked awkward and visually unpleasant. Therefore, I outlined the camera to give both more breathing room. All design features on the page reflect a contemporary style. Overlapping text with a gradient background is a current trend within graphic design so I wanted to take advantage of the trend to demonstrate a company who was ahead of the rest in terms of technology breakthrough. Even with the contemporary looking design the overall aesthetics still reflect a technology style, almost reminding me of booklet manuals you used to get with a PC






No comments:

Post a Comment