Friday 8 April 2016

COP2 - Isometric Type

For the majority of my ideas I used an isometric grid to communicate Phonebloks as an revolutionary advanced technology company. I started working within the grid back in the responsive module for a live brief and from there I saw the connection and qualities it possessed for Phonebloks. The makeup of grid itself communicated a block-like structure similar to how Phonebloks is constructed with it's interchangeable blocks. The grid allowed me to add an contextual and unique feature to my campaign strengthened the concept and desires it subconsciously represented about creative outlets. I first used the grid to create small illustrations to represent each keyword of the three posters e.g camera, gaming and battery. I then decided that I wanted to create an isometric alphabet instead of using an ordinary san-serif typeface. The isometric letters gave the adds a sense of appeal, they were visually exciting and reflected Phonebloks aesthetics and construction. The typography also had another advantage with the way it was positioned. Due to the restrictive angle of the typography the type ended up zig-zagging down the page which created a contemporary style. The layout also acted as a way to make sure the user sees all aspects of the advert. It draws the attention of the user then leading the users eyes from the top to the bottom of the page making sure everything is seen that might essentially be overlooked.



Gaming

Camera

Battery
Isometric alphabet zig zagging down the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment