Saturday 17 December 2016

COP3 - BERNIE CAMPAIGN // PROBLEMS TO AVOID

One of the problems that I've come across when approaching the practical element is being a non-American. I can't approach this project as an America because I'm not and therefore can't speak for all Americans or the minority group that I will be representing within Bernie's campaign. As a non-American, I cannot truly understand the American society and the American way of life. The issues, policies, Government, stereotypes, as well as social, environmental and health issues in which i cannot truly understand. Only by conducting research can I begin to have an insight into the lives of the Americans I will be trying to communicate too.

It's important to be open minded, non-judgemental and considerate, whilst trying to be as knowledgeable as possible about the subject matter (or if we're talking about rhetoric, the rhetorical canon of  'memory' would apply in this case) However,  if I'm creating a campaign around British politics then these restrictions would not apply as I am a British citizen and know the culture and issues that are affecting society and the political system, therefore, I can be as direct and judgemental and personal within my approach wherever it's deemed appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment